Plan on attending our Banquet on May 7th? Register ASAP!
Booster Club Updates
Parents – I do appreciate all of you that have already submitted funds to help us to continue to fund our end of year banquet and furnish all the lunches this spring. I have credited all payments, but if you already paid, I did not get the contact information that is so vital to communications. The coaches can not contact you for the Booster Club due to privacy concerns. This is a district wide rule. So if you have already sent money, please send me your player’s name, team, your name and email address, spouse’s name and email address (if different from yours and they wish to be informed), address, phone number. Please forward this information to all of your player’s friends. While the influx of cash is greatly appreciated, the Booster Club NEEDS to be able to communicate with you. We will have information after spring break about end of year banquet and all the activities we have planned for next year. Thanks,
From Coach McElroy:
Dear Tennis Parents:
I wanted to send an e-mail out to communicate some information to you all about the Deer Park High School Tennis Booster Club. As you know, this year has looked very different for several aspects of our lives and our children’s lives. At the beginning of the school year, we were totally meeting remotely except for athletics with our students. We were not allowed to have a tennis parent meeting, eat as a team after tennis tournaments, or go on our varsity overnight trip. Our Tennis Booster Club plays an important role in providing things for all our players. We are currently asking every player to have their parent join our booster club.
When a parent joins the booster club it helps to fund many activities for your child in tennis. Some of the activities that booster club funds include the following:
- Dinner for away fall team tennis matches
- Lunch for spring individual tennis tournaments (due to COVID Restrictions)
- Water/Gatorades/Snack box for bus for fall/spring tennis tournaments
- Helps to cover the cost of your child’s meal at the Tennis Banquet
- Helps to fund the Varsity Fall and Spring Tennis trips out of town
- Qualifies all 4 year tennis team members for the Tennis Scholarships for student athletes attending college.
- Food/activities for our Christmas parties and so much more.
We are currently asking all tennis parents to join the Deer Park High School Tennis Booster club with an annual membership of $40.00 a year. The coaches know that with your continued financial support of our booster club, we can continue to fund these fun activities. We are asking students to bring $40.00 in cash or a check made out to the Deer Park High School Tennis Booster Club in a sealed envelope with their name on the envelope and player’s name, team, parents emails, physical address and phone number on it to be turned into the Booster Club’s box in Coach McElroy’s office or to Coach Ladner by Friday, March 26th, 2021. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail Coach McElroy or Coach Ladner.
Coach McElroy, Head Tennis Coach & Coach Ladner, Assistant Tennis Coach
- Armonde Marker – President
- V. President: Open – this position helps with fundraising and Spirit Nights.
- Jennifer Atkins – Secretary
- Eric Davis – Treasurer
- Evelia O’Neil – Activities Coordinator
- Becky Montemayor-Zuniga (photography)
- Sarah Soto (Teacher Appreciation)
- Kobe Flores (you got served signs)
- Amber Goree (decals & yard signs)
- TBD *freshman board member (sock fundraiser)
Booster Club Meetings
Meetings start at 7:00pm and are held in room 2743 upstairs near the weight room. Meeting Dates for 2020-2021 are:
Corporate Sponsorship Form.
Support Deer Park Tennis by becoming a corporate sponsor.
REMIND – sign up to receive text updates and reminders:
For general information, coach’s reminders, info on rain delays & event information for ALL DP TENNIS TEAMS:
- Text @deertennis to 81010
For Specific messages for your player’s team – please subscribe to one of the below Remind 101:
- Freshman Team: Text @dptennisf to 81010
- JV Team: Text @dptennisjv to 81010
- Varsity Team: Text @dptennisv to 81010